Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Friday!

After not spending the day in the courthouse in downtown Fort Worth, I was blessed to spend the day with the Chrystie men while knowing that my classroom was in the very capable hands of Geni.

Psalm 43:5 “Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, my Help, and my God.”

One of my favorite songs we sing in the Praise and Worship service has the phrase, “My life is in You Lord, my strength is in You Lord, my hope is in You Lord; in You it’s in You!” When we hope we look to the future. I don’t know if you look in the future in just the moments ahead or in the time when we are all united with Christ in our earthly death, but whatever hope we have must be grounded in God through Jesus Christ. Whatever the future holds it must hold more and more of God, more and more of Christ and more joy in the journey.

In the few days before Casey was received into the hands of the Father, his hope was completely in Christ and in the assurance that he would be with God, face to face very soon. Casey’s hope was in the assurance of eternity. Casey sought God and God met him with the assurance that his hope was not in vain. In those moments for me I prayed in hopes that I could spend all of Casey’s remaining moments at his side and as the disease was so rapidly taking the life of our son I prayed in hope that God would be merciful to Casey and to us. While Casey’s hope was in eternity, my hope was in the quickly fleeting moments.

I do not know why cancer chose Casey, but God does not ask us to seek the mysteries of life, but to seek Him. God wants us to learn about Him through the life of Jesus. God want us to place our hope in Him. So let us set our hope on and in the One whose name is Hope: Jesus Christ.

Take joy in the journey and wear your rain boots! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: