Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

It is about 10:30 pm and the dressing is in the oven. The turkey is sliced and in the fridge. The pumpkin pie ( a new recipe) is on the table and only needs the flavored whipped cream and then all will be in readiness for the trip to Allen for Thanksgiving Day. It feels nice to sit down. I am really tired, but I am thankful that I am tired because I have had food to prepare for my family. I am tired, but really happy.

John 10:9 “I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

I am sure there are many tonight who are tired from the days cooking chores. Even though each onion chopped and celery diced and every ladle of broth spooned over the turkeys today was a labor of love. The place of rest tonight is going to feel really great.

God offers us a place of rest. He offers His pastures by still waters for those who are in need of rest. Those of us who believe in God have been to the pasture and God has given us a place to rest because of His love for us. But what about those who have rejected God? How about those who have rejected and disdained His Son, Jesus? There are those who do not feel the need for a relationship with God. (How sad!) God still offers those who do not yet believe that same place of rest. He offers those who reject Him salvation. He offers those who continuously shut the door in the face of the Savior new opportunities to learn of Him because He loves them so much.

We know of God’s love for us through Jesus, now we must show those who reject Him and continue to slam the door in the face of the Father about His love. We must humbly and patiently continue to pray for those who are difficult to love because we were once difficult to love and yet God loved us.

Take joy in the journey. Be safe in your travels. Wear comfortable shoes and have a blessed Thanksgiving. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: