Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Friday!

Today I did not even venture out of the house until around 9:00 pm to go to Kroger to get the makings for turkey soup. That whole crowded mall thing is not for me (even if I did have money to spend!) Instead I put the summer wardrobe away in the cedar chest and pulled out the sweaters and holiday wear, made two bags to take to Mission Arlington and watched a movie or two. It was a wonderful day.

Luke 22:42 “Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but Thy will be done.”

Jesus speaks these words in the Garden of Gethsemane on the eve of His crucifixion. Jesus is praying to the Father. He is saying, if there is any other way to accomplish Your plan here on earth please let me not have to suffer and die this horrific death. But no matter what, Your will must be done. If this is Your will then I go willingly.

When I read the meditation on this passage tonight I really had to stop and think about God’s will. Then I thought about the sentence in The Lord’s Prayer; “Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” The citizens of heaven have learned to love God’s will for their lives as they see God face to face all the time for all eternity. They bask in the glory of the Lord and trust Him without giving it a second thought. God’s will for their lives is their very existence.

Here on earth is another story. We all have a sinful nature and willful spirits that want for our will to be done and hope that God will go along with it. God wants us to desire and love His will for our lives (as it is in heaven). If we desire and trust His will then happiness will be ours and our restless spirits will rest in the love of God and trust in Him for all things. Whenever we feel that we cannot leave the choice to God then pray to not be able to accept His will, but pray to know and love Him more. If we pray to know and love God more than we will have the assurance that God only wants the best for each of us out of His love for us.

So, friends, as we walk this daily path of life let us learn a little more about God each day and may our conversations with the Father say something about learning to desire His will for our lives and learn more about of His love.

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: