Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

Well, the electricity did not get fixed the first time. We had the same experiences last night and into the morning today. But there is good news and bad news. Good news is that the electric company came out a second time and really repaired the issues this time. The bad news is that the damage fried Bruce’s computer. We still haven’t heard from the insurance adjuster as yet, but we have all of our lights and have not experienced any brownouts and power surges tonight. Yea God!! I am afraid I did not sleep well last night. I was a bit nervous about not waking up on time so I was up every hour or so checking the time. I will sleep well tonight.

Isaiah 40:28 “Have you not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, faints not, neither is weary. There is no searching of His understanding."

Isaiah is telling us in this passage that God knows our every cry. He knows when and why we are tired. He also hears every plea for help. God knows every tear we ever cried and every time we have failed. He knows our every weakness. And yet, He stays with us. He gives us His strength when we are in need. God rejoices in our weakness because His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

It took a long time for me to figure out this statement about strength and weakness. When we are weak then God can come and place more of Himself in each of us and we use His strength.

God asks us to trust Him and to lean on Him and believe that all will be well. Tonight I ask you to pray for our friend David Russell as he prepares for back to back surgeries; one on Thursday and then one on Friday. I also ask for prayers for my cousin Danny. He is a young man in his early 40’s and is having a nuclear heart test tomorrow. Both families are so appreciative of your prayers. We are a praying bunch. Not too long ago I was the assisting minister in worship and I led the prayers of the people. Someone came up to me afterward and commented on the manner in which I did the prayers. I simply responded, “I practice a lot.”

Friends, everyone is fighting some kind of battle. We are all in this life together so let us pray for each other and offer up shoulder, an ear and be “God with skin on,” for someone who is in need.

Take joy in the journey and help someone walk the journey with you. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: