Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Monday!

Bruce made it home safely. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. He said the weekend inside the prison was a transforming experience. The only way Bruce could describe these men was that they were “starved.” Not physically starved, but starved for just someone they could talk to and for someone to love them. Someone to listen to them without being judging. They were starving for the Word of God and a witness to that Word. God’s love reaches down in to pits so deep, but His love is deeper still.

Ephesians 6:18 “Pray in the Spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers, asking for everything you need.”

“Love Him in the morning when you see the sun rising.
Love Him in the evening cause He took you through the day.
And in the in between times when you feel the pressure coming.
Remember that He loves you and He promises to stay.”

Do you remember singing this little song when you were a child? God calls us to pray in the Spirit. He asks us to keep Him in the front of our thinking from the early morning until we close our eyes at the end of the day. This means that before we rise in the morning, rub the sleep from our eyes and our feet hit the floor and before morning coffee, we need to begin in prayer asking the God through the power of the Holy Spirit to guide our steps in service to Him throughout the day. We need to step into His presence before we step into the shower. When I am driving to school, 20 miles, I have my morning prayer time and many times I am silent before God. It is at those times that I think of Casey and how much I miss him.

I think I miss Casey in the morning because I would drop by the hospital in the morning before school and see him. Most of the time I just watched him sleep. I would watch the rise and fall of his chest. When Casey was at home, I would enact the same ritual from my desk chair. I would pray for my son. I prayed for his healing and his well-being. Such a reassuring gesture is the breath of life. I would wait for him to wake up. I would then remember when he was so small I would just hold him and never take my eyes off of him and ask God to never let me forget what he looked like as an infant. Give God your waiting time. Wait in His presence.

At the end of the day as I have laid down for the night, I begin my prayer time with “God, I have come to say good night…” and continue from there. I give thanks that Bruce is beside me and that Geni and Travis are healthy and just a couple of doors down. I give thanks that God has brought me through another day and pray that I have been in His service throughout the day. And my day has come full circle. Give God your last thoughts of the day. Rest in the presence of God.

Friends, begin your day in the presence of God and end your day in His loving arms.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Please add my cousin Danny to your prayers. He is 41 and is having some health issues the doctors don’t seem to be able to identify. He is having some heart tests tomorrow. The first tests that were run showed possible blockage. I hope to more soon. Please pray for Danny and our family. Thanks. gc

No comments: