Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

I received a B+ on my first paper in my ethics class. I have another paper due on September 30th. Since I will be out of pocket with the Happening Weekend just prior to the due date of the paper, I think I will be working on the paper this weekend.

Prayer Warriors unite!! One of the Happening team was in the car with Geni and Travis as they were returning from McGregor this past weekend. After the accident, Will went to the hospital as a precautionary measure and was released without any reported injury. As what often happens with accidents the effects don’t always show up until a few days after. Will has been diagnosed with a concussion and has no memory of the accident. Please lift this young man up in your prayers. Pray for his healing. He is having tests run tomorrow. His family has promised to keep me posted.

A Praise God!! Bruce’s business with the door company has been basically silent for several weeks. We have now known what the status was for his employment with the company. Today he received two new door issues. YEA!! God has been taking care of us through this time of drought. We have deemed ourselves sparrows in His sight and asked for sustenance and to meet our needs for the day. God has been so faithful and we are so grateful. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow.

Psalm 107: 14-15 ‘He brought them out of their gloom and darkness and broke their chains. Let them give thanks to the Lord.”

Tonight at Praise Team rehearsal we rehearsed “God of Wonders.” It is a song that is mostly written on my heart. When we began to sing, I sat back in my chair, closed my eyes and allowed the wonderful words of worship soak into my soul. “God of wonders beyond our galaxy, You are Holy. The universe declares your majesty. You are Holy. Lord of Heaven and Earth.“ I know we were only rehearsing, but worship can happen anywhere.

Worship happens when we realize that “What God has given is far greater than what we can give.” Max Lucado goes on to say, “Worship is the awareness that, were it not for His touch, we’d still be hobbling and hurting, bitter and broken. Worship is the “thank you” that refuses to be silenced.”

Tonight or whenever you read this, stop and just try to conceive that the One who flung the stars into the heavens, caused the mountains to rise and the oceans to teem with life can find and care for all of us “sparrows.” Worship does not have to happen in a sanctuary with pews and beautiful windows. Worship can happen within a moment when we stop and clear all of our thoughts; quieting every voice except His breathing, His name and His voice. Give thanks.

Love you all so very much and I give thanks for all of you daily. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: