Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Monday!

All is well here in the Chrystie household. We have worked out the issue of cars. Geni will take my car to Denton after dropping me off at school and either Bruce or Travis will pick me up in the afternoon. We are pretty good at working things out.

Carme called today to announce that beginning this Friday she will be Mrs. Russell once again. Carme will resume her teaching career once again as a full time employee of the San Antonio ISD. Carme has her master’s degree and will teach science for special education/resource students. She will be so amazing at this job.

Exodus 33:14 “My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.”

Last night I did not sleep very well. In fact I only got maybe three hours of sleep. I tried to relax and think of nothing and could only think of Geni, Travis and the accident.

I am not sure how other mothers who have lost children think after they have lost a child. I just know my every waking and sleeping thought and action is different than before we lost Casey. When I received the news that the kids were in an accident I think every cell in my body went into overdrive and did not calm down until I got home from school today; sleepy and tired. I was so scared that I would lose them, too. And then for the rest of the day it seemed that any car that came our direction was going too fast. I did not exactly panic, but I certainly became nervous. My adrenaline rush did not go away for a long time.

In my devotional reading tonight the focus in the verse is “rest in Me.” God is telling me in this verse to have no fear of the future. He is telling me to be quiet and to find strength in His presence. God promises me in this verse that His presence will go with me…” It does not say His presence will be with me sometimes or just when I am troubled, but His presence will go with me. My devotional reading said, “The world sees strength in action. In My Kingdom it is known that strength lies in quiet. In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.”

So tonight when I lay down to sleep I will claim this wonderful promise. I am not only praying for much needed sleep tonight, but for rest in the One Who has promised to be faithful and to remain with me for all eternity.

Take joy in the journey and get to bed early!! Love you all and thank you so very much for your prayers of thanksgiving for the safely of our children. Peace, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: