Friday, July 31, 2009

Mother and daughter enjoying visiting after lunch.

Happy Friday!

Can you believe it is the last day of July? And once again God is putting on quite a light show tonight. August happens tomorrow. And school will begin so very soon. Where has the summer gone? My internal clock is beginning to think of crayons, sharpened pencils, books and the massive undertaking it will be to reassemble my classroom from its summer sleep.

2 Chronicles 5:13 “As the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking God.”

There are times when I get what I call the “spare me’s.” The spare me’s are those moments when everything seems to be going wrong and nothing is going right. They are those moments when Geni and I have had an argument and I feel really terrible. They are those moments when I am alone and begin to think about how much I miss Casey and all I can do is cry. Those moments do not happen often, but when they do it is a really tough time.

I read this verse tonight and the meditation and the words told me to “seek diligently for the something to be glad and thankful about in every happening. “ When it seems as everything is going wrong I count my blessings in that I have a loving husband and two healthy great kids to come home to and a house I really love. I give thanks that I have a daughter with which to argue. And then I have begun to give thanks and praise to God that He allowed me to be mother to Casey and witness to his life as brief as it was.

When I count my blessings I usually find that my blessings out number my troubles and then I feel better. The sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving during the saddest or most difficult of times is incense that rises to the heart of God and God is blessed with our prayers. If we express joy and gratitude in the midst of grief and sorrow it does not diminish the reasons for our sadness and pain, but it tells God that we believe that He will see us through. We affirm His presence in our lives and His Lordship over whatever the situation is that has brought us to our knees. May God give us the gift of brave and thankful hearts.

Take joy in the journey friends and take an umbrella. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: