Friday, July 31, 2009



Happy Thursday!

1 John 4:26 “ And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love, and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.”

I have heard and sung songs all of my life about the phrase “God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.” This verse states very clearly that God loves us and God is love. No matter what the situation, whether there is the greatest joy or deepest sorrow God still loves us and with the same unconditional love. The pathway to heaven does not have to be paved with sorrow and suffering.

When we lost Casey to cancer it was and is the most devastating event to occur in our lives and struck in us the deepest sorrow we have ever experienced. But we are not sad all of the time. There are times of joy, laughter and fun. Yes, there are times when we will see something or hear something or wish he was here with us to share this moment that will bring about a memory of Casey and we are in a heap once again. But God, in His infinite love for us, brings a blanket of comfort that eases the sorrow. Sometimes, it happens through Geni and Travis and we catch a glimpse of their big brother in them. Those moments always make me smile. Sometimes it is through the comfort of His Word or email or the voice of a friend. God sends His comfort in many ways and always in a timely fashion.

The other night I was watching the Biography Channel and the biography was about Bill Cosby. He lost his son by a tragic murder. When asked a question by the interviewer, “Are you mad at God?”, Mr. Cosby’s answer was, “No, I am not mad at God. You don’t get mad at God. You praise God because you were blessed to witness the life of your child.” This very profound statement of faith was made by a man who lives a life of faith in God. I am sure Mr. Cosby still misses his son as much as we miss Casey. But this is a man who has found peace through the conquering Christ.

I think that is the road on which this family travels. The conquering, risen Christ is the anchor to which we hold fast. Through trial, tribulation and in joy and peace, God never changes. His love remains the same. God’s love is not just unconditional, but never ending and never changing. God promises that if we will live with Him then even though trial, tribulation and sorrow come, He will see us through it. And He will dance with us when we experience joy and peace.

So friends, let us live with Christ, the conquering One who will promise that peace and joy will be ours.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: