Sunday, July 26, 2009

On the dock at Cozumel.

Blessed Sunday to you all! Was that a great storm tonight or what!? God sure puts on a great light show. I like to sit on the front porch and watch the rain and just let the storm go on around me. So tonight I am giving thanks for the wonderful rain and that God shows us His love for us in so many ways.

Colossians 3:13 “Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.”

Can you imagine how much it pleases God when we forgive someone for a wrong they have done to us? God knows how hard this command is for us to follow. But it is His command to us to forgive as we have been forgiven and then treat the offender with love and compassion. I use those two words because when God forgives us, He treats us with love and compassion. We are called by God to a spiritual maturity that allows us to treat others as God would treat them. When we forgive others the world is filled with love and laughter and the past is left behind.

Jesus walked the road to the cross treating those with whom he worked and met along the way with love and consideration. Jesus modeled this Godly behavior each moment of every day. Jesus did not allow the way others treated Him get in the way of the way of His loving kindness toward others. Can you imagine what our world would be like if we could just accomplish this one task that Jesus asks? Well, we can’t!

We can’t accomplish it on our own power. We must ask God to fill us with His loving kindness. We must be forgiven so we can forgive others. And then we must care for those who hurt us as if nothing ever happened. Wow! God sure asks a lot of us. He can ask a lot of us because He gave His all.

Take joy in the journey and carry an umbrella. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: