Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Wednesday! We are on countdown to departure. We will be leaving early tomorrow morning for Galveston. I spoke with T-Mobile yesterday. The cost for using our cell phones on board ship is completely overboard (haha) so the phones are staying in the trunk of the car while we sail the Caribbean.

Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.”

As preparations have been made for this cruise we have all purchased new clothes. Nothing really fancy, but appropriate for a Fun Ship Cruise. But more important than what we look like on the outside, what our hearts look like is what God wants to see. Whether we look perfect to those around us is not near as important is how we look in the eyes of the Father. We are embarking on a new adventure with 2000 plus other people and we may not know anyone on the ship but us. It is my prayer that as we travel and meet and greet those around us that the love of God and His holy presence will precede us. When God goes before us what we look like is not what matters because we are clothed in His robe of righteousness, His garments of praise and His cloak of forgiveness. So whether we are dressed in swimsuit, shorts and tee’s or Captain’s Night dress up may we be the reflection of God’s love to each other and those around us.

Tonight I would ask for your continued prayers for Carme Russell as her reconstructive surgery is tomorrow. Also we ask continued prayers for Rhonda’s Bank’s father, who is battling cancer, and Cherri Brown who is back home in Okema, Oklahoma, very weak but recovering and glad to be home. We have one new entry to our prayer list; Tatum Flaming. Tatum is the three year old granddaughter of my cousins Debbie and John Flaming. Tatum has been diagnosed with leukemia and is in Cooks Children’s Hospital in Ft. Worth. Debbie and John live in Corn, Oklahoma and are driving home tonight. I will call tomorrow and see what we can do to help after we get home.

My friends, I will miss writing to you over the next few days. You will be in my prayers. I will have Bruce put pictures on the site of our trip. I love you all. Have a wonderful week.

Take joy in the journey and stay in the shade. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: