Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blessed Sunday to each of you!

The brisket turned out really good. It smoked for 16 hours. I learned a few things throughout this day. First, next time, I will choose a bit smaller brisket around 9-10 pounds. And I think I am going to adjust the rub to not quite a spicy next time. I also feel confident enough to experiment with different types of wood to see if the different wood makes a different taste in the meat. Anyway, I had a long day and I really enjoyed the whole experience. I am more than willing to do this all over again.

I also have some news for all of you. We will be leaving on Thursday for Galveston to go on a cruise. How cool is that! We are really excited. We will be going to Cozumel. We will return on Tuesday. We haven’t been on any type of vacation in a very long time and we need to get away for a few days. We will most likely be eating pork and beans and hot dogs for the next year, but I am sure it will be worth it. I am not sure if I will be journaling while we are at sea as we are not taking computers. There are computers on the ship, but I think they may cost extra to use them. Wish us bon voyage!

2 Chronicles 20:20 “Have faith in the Lord your God and you will stand strong.”

Tonight I would like to share a story that was sent to me in a church news letter. Pastor Joel shared in his sermon today this statement, ”Choices made in faith change the course of our lives.”

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two “wolves” inside all of us.
One wolf is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false, pride, superiority and ego.
The other wolf is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

In the battle that goes on within each of us which do we feed? Do we feed Evil or Good? To which warrior do we turn to make the choices that change the course of our lives? One of these warriors may win battles, but we know who wins the war. My prayer for each of us is that we not only feed the warrior of faith but we march at His side.

Take joy in the journey and stay in the shade. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Three prayer requests: The first is for Carme Russell as she completes her reconstructive surgery this Thursday. The next is for our friend Rhonda Banks’ father as he begins chemotherapy this week. Last we ask for prayers for Cheri Brown, my cousin from Okema, Oklahoma as she recovers from ovarian cancer surgery and prepares for chemotherapy in the coming weeks. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Love you all, gc

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Thank you for sharing that story, Gaylene.

Love,
Al