Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy and TGI Friday!

Remember the most amazing event in our lives happened on a Friday 2000 years ago.

Today I went with Bruce to Graford, Texas. Sometimes I go with Bruce as a traveling buddy on longer trips and the job is not supposed to take too long. Well, the gentleman today had 25 interior doors that Bruce had to inspect. A short job this was not to be. So I read magazines and watched this gentleman’s HD-TV while Bruce worked. Bruce takes his job very seriously and always does a masterful job. Bruce does his job well for a couple of reasons. First, he takes pride and responsibility in his work. And second, he values his family enough to continue with a job until its completion and give his employer no reason to doubt his work ethic and to continue to work for this company.

Psalm 81:10 “I, the Lord, and your God, who brought you out of Egypt. Open your mouth and I will feed you.”

Each evening when Bruce comes home from work he sits down at the computer and sends in his work summaries for the day. After that he pulls up the site where he receives directives for new door issues. When the door issues seem sparse he gets a little nervous. He has had a few tense days like that this week. I always tell him “Bruce, God has always taken care of us. And He will not let us down now.” (I am usually right and God takes care of us.)

The nation of Israel experienced and witnessed the most phenomenal miracles of which I have ever read. Out of the mouth of Moses, given by the very Word of God, the miracles of plagues, protective pillars of fire and clouds of smoke, great seas parting before their very eyes and a host of other miraculous phenomena. And yet they still were fairly weak in their faith when they came across obstacles to reaching the Promised Land.

God, in this verse, says, ”Look, people. I will take care of you. I will feed you, just open your mouth”. I am sure God just wishes that our faith was more like that of baby birds. You know how mama bird perches on the nest and places the food right in their mouths and those baby birds wait to be fed. They did not work for the food, and maybe their tummies did not get full, but they did not go without.

God has work for each of us to do. We cannot do the jobs He has for us if we are physically or spiritually hungry. Hebrews 13:20 “I pray that the God of peace will give you every good thing you need so you can do what He wants.” Hasn’t this prayer been answered over and over in our lives? God is relentless in His efforts to enable us to be His best workers in the Kingdom. God meets the needs of His children. There may not have been a feast on the table, but there has always been food. Sometimes it is a scrambled egg night and sometimes it is steak. God also gives us His Word on which to feast when we are spiritually hungry. There is a never ending supply of banquet food in the scriptures. Once again, God meets the needs of His children.

Take a moment at the table. Give thanks for the bounty set before you and eat with a grateful heart.

Take joy in the journey and stay in the shade. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Say a prayer as I am firing up the smoker given to me by my Daddy and prepare to smoke a brisket. I will let you know how it turns out. gc

No comments: