Friday, May 1, 2009

Greetings from Starbucks!

Yes, I said Starbucks. It seems that we have lost our internet provider. If anyone knows what happened to Earthlink let us know. Bruce called three numbers today regarding Earthlink in three different cities and got the recording that this number is no longer in service. So these wonderful Starbucks employees showed me how to hook up to the internet here. Tomorrow I will be on the search for a new provider. Wish me luck.!!

Well, today has just been weird! I have felt at loose ends all day and felt like I was playing hooky from school. Since I was having trouble focusing I decided that I would give myself a day to do random things and tomorrow I would get down to the task of completing my theology paper. I began the paper stating that it was the task of this theologian to tell why I believe …”Jesus love me this I know for the Bible tells me so.” And my final sentence needs to be…”Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so.” I have one more section to write. It is the section on eschatology; the end times. I haven’t decided which tack I am going to take. It will either be the end times when Christ returns and reclaims His kingdom for all time or our own end time. I do know, however, that whichever path I follow I will write it through the eyes of Christian hope. Bruce and I were talking about this last night. I told him that I really do not concern myself with the “end times” for if Christ were to return right now, me and all those I love would all be together.

Luke 11:9 says, “Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you.”

Do you ever use this verse for “stuff?” I have. I have used this verse to ask for earthly things, temporal things. I prayed this verse to pray for Casey’s healing. I want you to know - God answered the prayer. Casey did not ever get well, but he certainly was healed.

But lately I have thought of this verse in a different light. I pray for God to open my mind to understand His Word and His ways. God’s ways are perfect. If I obediently surrender my heart and open my mind then God can direct my path.

As all of you know I am writing this theology paper. The paper I called “I believe…”. For me, I cannot think of this journey through seminary as anything but a spiritual quest. This can never be just an academic means to an end for me. This mind set, while it works for me, may not work as a student expected to write in a more scholarly way. But I also believe if I stick to God’s Word and base all I do and stay grounded in scripture then I have a place to defend whatever I write. I also realize my seminary studies are still in their infancy and I have everything to learn. So when I pray about this paper I ask God to give me knowledge (open the door to my mind) beyond myself in order to write acceptable piece of writing, but also that the reader of this document knows without a doubt what I believe. I ask God to bless the offering and the one who reads it.

So friends, let’s pray this verse for God to open our minds to hear His plans for us. If we follow where He leads then His Kingdom will be in perfect order in our lives. A venti (LOL) order for our lives.

Take care dear friends and stay well. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: