Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Wednesday! Well, the latest news is that all of the schools in the Fort Worth ISD are closed until at least May 8th. Swine flu has invaded the district. I ask for your prayers for the families affected by this deadly disease. Today at the end of the day I sprayed my tables down with oxyclean just before dismissal not knowing that the disease had entered the district.

John 5:30 says, “I can of mine own self do nothing.”

I lead a prayer group on Wednesday mornings before school at my school. Today we had 10 of our staff at the group. It was so great. I selected a devotional journal (imagine that!) entitled God Calling. Today’s lesson was on “resting in Christ.” The meditation began with “Never doubt and have no fear. Watch the faintest tremor of fear, and stop all work, everything, and rest before Me until you are joyful and strong again.” The Apostle Paul wrote “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” God did not mean that Paul was to do all things and then rely on God to find strength. God meant that for all he told Paul to do he could rely on God’s everlasting supply of strength.

How many of us have worked and then prayed for God’s approval and strength? This is not the way God works. God came to earth in the form of Jesus. God worked through Jesus so that we could know Him (God). Jesus obediently modeled the godly life for those disciples and those persons with whom he came into contact. Then Jesus showed His disciples how to allow God to work through them so His purpose could be accomplished in those who would come after and the work of God would be multiplied not because of us, but through us as God supplies our strength. God does not need us to work for Him. After all He is God! God wants to work through us. In order for God to work through us we must have a surrendered, open heart. When our hearts and minds are open then we are made ready to hear the plans God has for us through the Holy Spirit. If God calls us into service then He will give us the strength to accomplish His purpose.

Just remember. Pray first, listen for God’s leading and instructions and whatever strength or tools we need to accomplish the task will be given to us. “For we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.”

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Please offer your prayers for Bruce as he leaves for Wichita Falls for the prison ministry Thursday morning, as well as for the 42 inmates who will be going through the weekend event and their “close encounter” with Christ.

PSS Pray for me to complete my paper and do a good job. Thanks!

No comments: