Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Thursday!! Great surprise! Geni came home tonight. We all four sat down and had dinner together. It was so great. Even though Geni comes home on the weekends, we don’t always get to sit down together for a meal. Tonight was a special treat. Thank you, Lord!

Psalm 31:3 says, “For the good of Your name, lead me and guide me.”

I learned a long time ago that without the triune God of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I am nothing. As a baptized child of God I carry the name of Jesus before me at all times. When Jesus died for me His blood was poured out and it was enough to cover my sins and mark me with the DNA of Christ. Each day in my prayer time I humbly go before the Father and give thanks for His Son, Jesus. As I am giving thanks, I pray for the transforming power of the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me throughout the day. I pray that the presence of God will always be before me and that I will never forget Who He is and to whom I belong. Sort of like having my daddy walk me to school and then stick around to make sure I am okay.

If I ask God to go before me to lead and guide me, then I must be willing to surrender to His leading and guidance. Now there is the hard part! I did not ask God to do the work, I asked Him to help me do what He asks. I pray for a heart of surrender to do His will without struggle. When I practice the heart of surrender my day seems to go better and I seem to do better, too. When I practice the heart of surrender and I ask for an extra measure of grace, especially when dealing with a difficult situation at school, I remember to stop and ask God to go before me and prepare me to deal with the situation in a righteous manner. I have begun praying this way because I have a really difficult class this year (yes, even first graders can be tough!!). So now, instead of becoming angry and raising my voice, I am practicing speaking quietly and trying to diffuse the situation before it escalates. “Lead me and guide me, God, for the good of Your name.”

Take joy in the journey. Love you sweet friends and mighty prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: