Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Tuesday! Well, today was far better at school than yesterday. My day started so well with a wonderful devotion from Joyce Meyer that I will share with you in just a few moments. But the coolest thing was a school volunteer came in to my room to get my attendance folder and saw that I was about to have my devotion time and asked if she could listen to the reading. I welcomed her, read the lesson and then we had a brief moment of sharing. It was a great way to start the day. She is a sweet soul who has walked some hard roads and has found peace and healing with God and just wanted to share a moment with Him. I felt so humbled and was glad she felt comfortable enough to sit and listen and share for just a few moments. Praise God!

And then, in theology tonight we discussed the rise in Pentecostalism and the Holy Spirit. A totally amazing discussion was held and I learned so much about my classmates and their faith by just listening to their perceptions and beliefs in the third facet of the triune God. I think my first response paper might just be on the subject of the Holy Spirit.

Carme update: all drains are removed (PTL!) and she is doing so well. Hormone testing will be done soon to select the correct ones for her and the remaining reconstruction will happen this summer. She is going to try to go back to substituting after spring break. Way to go Carme! She is amazing.

Breaking news: Travis is the newest super hot wing eating champion of the Buffalo Wild Wing Restaurant. He ate 12 of the hottest wings made in 4 minutes and 8 seconds. It is not a record but he came in far under the allotted time. His picture will be placed in the restaurant and he gets a shirt. After eating these hotter than fire wings he ran across the parking lot to the store and bought and downed a half gallon of milk. Ah, to be 18 and fearless.

Prayer alert: my dog, Lamar is sick. He had a small hot spot on his back last night and by the time I got home this evening it was huge. I think it is infected. Bruce is taking him to the vet in the morning. He looks so sad and is moving really slow. Please pray for my dog.

Isaiah 1:19 says, “If you are willing to obey me, you will eat good crops from the land.”

I read a brief meditation from the Joyce Meyer book; Starting Your Day Right. The opening sentence to the short two paragraph meditations was “What good is a glass of water if we don’t drink it?” This simple question stayed on my mind all day. What good is God’s Word in print if we don’t pick up a Bible and read it? And what good is a house of worship if we don’t pass through the door and step inside and worship? And what good is the ability to speak to God through prayer if we don’t take the opportunity to pray? John 7::37 says, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.” God offers Himself each day in the form of Jesus Christ to each of us and all we have to do is ask. The transforming power of the Holy Spirit is there and, once again, all we have to do is ask.

God offers His blessings of mercy and forgiveness to us all the time. When we ask for mercy and forgiveness God gives it and then we receive it. If we surrender to His will, if we are obedient then we receive all of His blessings. God puts Himself out there for us and all we have to do is ask and we will receive Him into our hearts and lives. He calls us not to just sip from the cup of grace, but to drink all. He emptied Himself for us so that we might be filled with Him. Pick up the glass and drink every drop.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: