Monday, February 16, 2009

Blessed Sunday to each of you! Wow! Worship was awesome today. Today Pastor Marc spoke about renewal. We sang about God is Good all the time, thanking God for the valleys and then the house rocked with the sending hymn of “I’ll fly Away.” Totally awesome worship today.

Isaiah 64: 8 says, “Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter, we are all the work of your hand.”

Have you ever created a ceramic vase? I mean placed the clay on the potter’s wheel, dipped your hands in water and began to mold and shape the clay into the shape you have planned. I have never done this personally, but I have seen it done and I am always in awe of the masterful hands that mold the clay. I have also watched the potter smash the clay back down when it is not surrendering itself to the work of the potter’s hands. Then the potter begins again. Clay, when in the hands of a potter, lives a life of surrender and obedience. The clay is mixed with water and with the firm but gentle molding of the potter’s hands the pot is shaped until it is in the perfect shape the master has envisioned. Then it is tested by fire until is ready for use by the master.

I know you have figured out that God is the potter and we are His clay. God is our Father. He created us and we are His own children. God loves us so much and wants a relationship with us to the point that He created us in His image so He would fully understand us. He molds us by His love and grace. When we sin (when our flaws show up) He forgives us through the blood of His Son, Jesus. When we walk the road of repentance it allows God to rework the clay (us) and begin again. We are fired and God uses us as His vessels. I am just grateful that God does not tire of molding the same piece of clay over and over again!

One of my most favorite songs is “The Potter’s Hand.” The words of this song are in the scripture from Isaiah, but it goes on to say, “All of my days are held in Your hand. Crafted into Your perfect plan. You gently call me into Your presence. Guiding me by Your Holy Spirit. Teach me, dear Lord, lead me Lord I pray. Set me apart. I know you are calling me to Yourself. Lead me Lord I pray. Mold me. Make me. Use me. Walk beside me. I give my life to the Potter’s hand.” God calls us and takes us as we are and molds us into the person He meant us to be all along if we are willing to be obedient and live a life of surrender willing to be shaped into the image of God by the Master Potter.

Take joy in the journey. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: