Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Monday! As the saying goes…it was Monday all day! Very bizarre day at school. We had just settled into class when loud hammering began at my door. I went to check on it and found out that the school had been broken into over the weekend and a window in my door had been broken. The workmen were taking out the broken glass and replacing it with new glass. Whoever broke in did a variety of damage but was not very smart. I gave thanks that no one was in the building and that the person chose to vandalize the building during a time when there were no children present. Our greatest concern is that this person walked away with 3 sets of keys and now there is a possibility of a return visit.

Psalm 23:5 says, “You prepare a meal for me in front of my enemies.”

It is Monday. Bruce went to Bible Study Fellowship, Geni is back in Denton, Travis went to work and I was at home for a while by myself. All went our separate ways tonight and I did not prepare dinner for my family. So, tonight was leftover soup and cornbread for me before I went to the gym. Even though Bruce, Travis and Geni were not here the table was still set and ready for us to sit down together. I keep our table set all the time. I missed a dinner table so much over the last year that keeping it set and ready for a meal is really important to me. Then I read this scripture verse.

“You prepare a table for me…” The table of grace is always set and there is always room for one more. God loves the table, too. He loves the table so much that it is where His Son, the Savior chose to spend His last moments with His disciples. Jesus chose the table to show His disciples for the humptyfourth time what they were to do after He was gone. Jesus taught His disciples at that meal that all were invited to the table. Jesus taught the disciples to be servant to all and master to none. But mostly Jesus showed His disciples that He loved them.

For me, the table is a place of love, acceptance, grace and being together with the ones I love. As Bruce says, the food is not as important as the company who shares it. As believers we are invited to the table and there is always a place for us. I challenge you to invite someone to the table. Tell someone what God has done in your life and then invite them over for dinner. When they arrive serve the following meal:
Romans 8:1 You are beyond condemnation.

Colossians 1:13 You are a member of His kingdom.
Romans 8:15 You have been adopted.
Ephesians 2:18 You have access to God at any moment.
Hebrews 13:5 He will never abandon you.
1 Peter 1:4 You have an imperishable inheritance.

Sounds like the meal of a lifetime to me.

Eat up!! And take joy in the journey. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Now there's a new word for the vocabulary: "humptyfourth!"

Another good 'un, Gaylene!

Love,
Al