Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Tuesday! First day back at school with the children. Other than a couple of snafus on my part the day went well. My lesson plans are lost somewhere in my computer at school. And I forgot to exchange the old readers for the new readers for this unit of study. My vice-principal brought me the books I needed and we just had the oral reading lesson a bit later in the day. Not a bad first day back.

FYI Geni left today for a brief visit with her friends in Nacogdoches. She is planning to return on Thursday. Please pray travel mercy on her and a wonderful visit with her friends.

I also spent a bit of time with our friend Deb Koplen this afternoon. She had just returned from a couple of scans and she was exhausted. So I basically told her I loved her and left her with a kiss on her nearly balding head. The plan is for her to go home on Friday. Home health is going to continue her care in her home and the equipment she will need is being delivered sometime before Friday. She can reunite with her beloved “Miss Chips” and I believe she will feel much better. A friend of Deb’s is going to stay with her for a couple of weeks and then we will work out other arrangements. God has all of this planned out I am sure and we just need to listen and follow His lead and the answers to problems will present themselves.

2 Timothy 3:15 says, “You have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Jesus Christ.” Today I sat my students down and had the “come to Jesus” meeting with them. I shared with them that my job from now until the last day of school was to prepare them for second grade. Their job was to learn all they could so that they would be the best second graders possible. It is my task to place before them the materials they will need to master the curriculum and to help them develop skills that will not only pertain to their work as first graders, but strategies they can call on as they advance on to second grade. It is also my job to do the best job I can to help them develop those tools they will need to be successful students.

The Holy Scriptures given to us by the hands of men and inspired by God Himself is our curriculum for our lives here on earth. The Holy Scriptures are our defense against any deception Satan can put before us. The Holy Scriptures are inspired by God and are acceptable for “doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness.” (v.16) To quote my study tonight, “Correction is to set right what is wrong and instruction is to make known what is right.” As a musician and raised in a practice room or in constant rehearsal, I have always been a believer that if you practice right, you will do right.

It is a new year. Let us begin our new year by practicing walking rightly before God, reading the manual placed before us, looking to the perfect model of the godly life in Jesus Christ. If we do that, we will be equipped for every work and task placed before us because God’s Word, His Holy “curriculum “will be written on our hearts.

Study hard fellow students and take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: