Saturday, December 27, 2008

Greetings from Memphis.

Good morning (very early, it’s about 1:00 am). We had a wonderful trip to Memphis with only one stop at Wal-Mart. I forgot my toothbrush. I, who remind everyone to pack their toothbrushes; forgot mine. Oh well! Geni drove from Sulpher Springs nearly all the way across Arkansas. She did a super job. Bruce drove the last hour and a half or so.

We were greeted warmly by Dale, Gayle, Teague and Taryn. Tomorrow we will celebrate Gayle’s 50th birthday. She says no more after this one!! We will also get to meet Teague’s girlfriend, Chloe. I am in hopes of a brief visit to Graceland and a photo op in front of the music gates as well as a trip to a souvenir shop while we are in the area.

Isaiah 61:10 says, “The Lord makes me very happy; all that I am rejoices in my God. He has covered me with clothes of salvation and wrapped me with a coat of goodness, like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding like a bride dressed in jewels.” Ladies do you remember how it felt to be a bride? Gentlemen, do you remember how it felt to be a groom? I remember how it felt to be a bride. I remember waiting for Daddy in the bride’s room. I remember hearing the music and my heart beginning to race. I remember thinking that in just a few moments I would belong to Bruce forever; until death do us part. I remember feeling beautiful in the wedding dress designed by me and fashioned by my beloved Mamo. I remember Daddy placing my hand in Bruce’s hand and knowing that this was the right relationship and, even though being a bit nervous, I was at peace because I was with one with whom I would spend the rest of my earthly life. Bruce chose me and I chose him and we, for almost 28 years (in just a few more days) choose each other again each day. I remember the feeling of total happiness and joy.

Who brings happiness and joy to the heart of God? Who does God find as beautiful? Who has captured the heart of God? He did not choose His creation to bring joy to Himself. He did not create angels to be happy about. God’s heart is captured by each of us. He finds beauty in us when He finds the life of His Son being lived each day. He rejoices in the creation of new life in Christ when someone turns away from sin and chooses a life with Christ in their heart. God’s heart is happy and the angels rejoice when we are clothed by His grace in the robe of righteousness and we wear the crown of victory - when we surrender ourselves to the love and faithfulness of Christ our Lord.

My friends, walk down the aisle and meet Jesus. Clothe yourself in the contrite heart of one who has received salvation. God will clothe you the robe of righteousness and in His goodness. Jesus is waiting to take your hand and place it into the hand of the Father. God chooses us first. Let us choose Him every day.

Take joy in the journey dear friends. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Merry Christmas, Chrysties. It was so heart-warming to see y'all at church Wednesday night and to be able to hug y'all.

Hope y'all stay warm up there and have a safe trip back.

Love,
Al