Monday, November 3, 2008

Greetings from Austin St.

Happy Monday to all. My car “The Old Girl” has been repaired and is now resting comfortably back in her own driveway. Travis was very happy to get his car back and I am glad to get “The Old Girl” back. I don’t understand the radio in Travis’ car at all!

Psalm 5: 2 says, Listen to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you I pray.” When I read this verse I immediately thought of the kids when they were small. I remember hearing them cry and knowing just by the way they were crying what problem they were having. I knew the difference between, angry, hurt, hungry, wet, frightened, needing attention or just needing me to come and hold them. They always trusted that whatever the situation and no matter how often they cried or for whichever reason that I would come and be with them and try to fix the problem.

Right now I seem to cry a lot. When I cry I go to God either out loud or just in my heart and I pray. The best part is that God never seems to tire of my tears. And He knows, for He knows my heart what the current cry is all about ands sets out to lovingly and mercifully dry my tears and speak words of comfort.

Prayer is my line of communication with the Father. The verse I wrote about last night about “Blessed are they that mourn for the Father will comfort them Himself, “brought me comfort. I have prayed about that scripture since last night. And that scripture may be the one I cling to for a while. Just like with our kids we always tried (and still do) to keep a line of communication open. When we keep open the line of communication then we learn more about them and our level of trust goes deeper and they, hopefully, will never be afraid to come to us with whatever is going on in their lives. The better we can help them with whatever situation they find themselves.

The prayer life we have with God is much the same. The more we pray to God the better we come to know Him and the deeper level of trust we gain in Him who first loved us. Through prayer we learn to rely on God and learn to trust that He will always be there. In my “Word in Season” devotion tonight, it stated, “When we call on Jesus—our friend, our Savior, and our King—it is a magic moment, the act of prayer. We open up the timeless window of our mind and soul and let the beauty of our God pour in.” I loved that word “timeless.” God does not put us on the clock and say okay you get the next five minutes and I have to listen to someone else. He listens as long as we keep talking and sharing our hearts with Him. He then turns around and shares His loving merciful heart with us. In His heart right now I find mercy. Just as my relationships with Bruce, Geni and Travis are my most treasured earthly relationships; my relationship with God is the most significant relationship I have in my life. God does not always answer “yes” to my requests in prayer. Sometimes the answers are “no”, sometimes “not now”, sometimes the answers are “keep looking in the Word” and sometimes the answers come in the directive that says, “Be quiet and listen.” Right now the comfort I seek comes in the words, “Be still and know that I Am God.”

Let us continue in this prayer journey together and even when it is hard, take joy in the journey for God travels with us. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.
Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Geni came home tonight so that she could vote tomorrow for the first time. We will go together very early in the morning. Say your prayers for her as she makes a very important decision in her voting tomorrow. And thanks for the prayers for my car. Love you all, Gaylene.

1 comment:

kimmy said...

Gaylene,
Thanks for todays post and the help with my q? about jj. im glad to hear your car is home. and im sure travis is glad to have his car back. lol. well least his radio.lol. my husband's channel is set on (oldies) go figure. geni congrats on going to VOTE.
love, kimmy