Tuesday, September 30, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday! All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, I am listening. Help me experience your presence and mold my life into a vessel for which you would place you presence that will draw others to you in a deeply personal way. I ask you to make me ready for representative leadership this weekend as the support team chaplain. I lift up the entire team as we each have been called to serve. I praise you for this ministry. I praise you for those who will receive the gospel and that you are preparing their hearts to come into relationship with you. Thank you Lord and as you bless us with your loving presence may we bless others with your love. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

There is never a time in our lives when we are not with God. God is completely aware of our every need, every desire, every hurt, every joy and every request we make. But I think our greatest joy is simply being in God’s presence. I love closing my eyes, with some lovely music playing and experiencing the warm and peaceful calmness that surrounds me. I am in the presence of God.  It is during those times that God seems closer to me.  It almost feels as if I am sitting at the feet of Jesus listening to Him and His teachings.

God draws near to us to help us. We are given the opportunity to gain strength and wisdom when we are in the presence of God. So even if we are busy, driving or in quiet contemplation we can draw near to God and know (as my meditations says) “that there is no better place to be.” 

“The Lord is beside you to help you.”
Psalm 110: 5

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and be assured that God is always with you. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: