Monday, September 29, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  All is well here at 811. It was my first day with children at school. It was great to see faculty and work with the students once again.  Please continue to pray for the Kairos Prison Ministry Weekend that will begin on Thursday. Bruce is serving inside the prison with the participants and the team. I am serving as the Chapel Leader with the Support Team. We all spend a great deal of time in prayer as we pray for each other and pray for the participants. Please join our prayers as we serve in this ministry.  Thank you.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, You walked ahead of your disciples on the way to Jerusalem. When you are in front of me I see where you are in my life. Lord Jesus, You are my great High Priest. I kneel before you knowing you are ever present reconciling me back to you each time I pray a prayer and ask for forgiveness for my sins. Jesus, you are completely worthy of my praise.  Thank you for meeting in the sacred space of my heart in love, unmerited grace, tender mercy and forgiveness. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

I love the stories of the Old Testament.  I also love reading psalms when I recognize the stories reflected in the poetry of the psalms.  There is one psalm (and maybe there are others) that makes what I believe is a reference to Jesus.  In the Old Testament the priest of the Temple represented the people before God. He would take their prayers, offer sacrifices for their sins and teach them about God. The problem about the earthly priests is that their offerings were only temporary. The sacrifices would have to be repeated.

But Psalm 110 speaks of the Great High Priest who will bring eternal salvation. This Great High Priest will not have temporary, but eternal power to forgive sins once and for all. This Great High Priest will not ask for our sacrifice, but will off Himself as the sacrifice for sin. My meditation tonight writes, “When Jesus came, he not only became the flawless everlasting sacrifice for your offenses, but became your eternal High Priest.”  When Jesus came to earth He taught the people about God by being the model of God’s grace and love teaching and preparing each of us to be close to God.  The good news for us as believers in Jesus and children of God is that we can trust Jesus with our deepest needs for He is our Great High Priest and will represent us before God in love.

“The LORD made a solemn promise and will not take it back. ’You will be a priest forever.”
Psalm 110: 4
“The LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at my right hand…Your people will offer themselves willingly in the day of Your power, in the beauty of holiness.”
Psalm 110: 1, 3

Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene



No comments: