Thursday, July 31, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, thank you for answering my prayers. Thank you for helping me to be quiet at times when I would really like to talk. When I am quiet I hear the Holy Spirit speak and know that You are going to  speak through me or to me. Thank you for being my advocate and always on the side of those who believe in You. Because we are your creation and out of your great love for us I know you are always in favor of us who love you so very much.  Thank you Lord. I love you Lord. In Jesus’s name, amen.

I John 2: 1 “If anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” How awesome it is that Jesus advocates for us before God the Father and Creator of us all when we are in need. According to scripture Jesus advocates for us when we ask forgiveness and have sinned. Jesus speaks to God of His great love for us asking God to forgive us or help us. I don’t think God denies Jesus anything.  As I read this scripture I am greatly encouraged when Jesus speaks to God about us, Jesus speaks in favor of us and pleads our case before the God of heaven and earth. That is what an advocate does. An advocate is one who argues in favor of a person, a group of people or a cause. When we cannot utter our deepest sins, heartbroken sorrows or greatest needs,  Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit advocates for us.  To put it simply, Jesus has our back! God believes in us and is our assurance and is on our side giving us the courage to tackle whatever challenges life brings to us. This does not mean that the storms of life will stop, but that we will survive the storm.  We are never alone because God is at our side and on our side. God is good and love wins!

“O God, do not keep silent, be not quiet, O God be not still.”
Psalm 81: 1
Make glad the soul of Your servant, for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For You, Lord, are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.”
Psalm 86: 4-5
Take joy in the journey praying as you go and remember you are never alone. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: