Tuesday, April 15, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Holy Tuesday! All is well here at 811.

Dear God, Thank you that my name is on your hands for all of eternity. You are most definitely written on my heart. Thank you for healing me and transforming my mind and body preparing me for wellness. Lord, you allow us to go through disease and pain because we are a part of a fallen world. And Lord I give thanks that  no matter what we are going through you are with us, never forgetting us and when we trust in you we will not be disappointed because we know you are Lord. You put a song in our hearts to sing praises to you so others will see and put their trust in you. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

When I was a young teenager the current rage was getting your ears pierced. I got my ears pierced when I was 13. My beloved Aunt Linda did it for me. Today it is getting a tattoo. My children all have tattoos and each of their tattoos have meaning.  Geni and Travis both carry cancer ribbons for Carme and Casey.  Travis has a Celtic Cross in memory of Casey and Geni has a yellow bow for the same reason and Casey’s name written on her wrist. And Carme, who also has tattoos, continues to strongly urge me to get a tattoo. I have resisted her urgings. Isaiah 49: 15-16 says, “I would not forget you! See, I have written your nAame on the palms of my hands.” Each time God looks at His hands and sees the nail holes He remembers the Easter Tree. He sees our names and how much He loves us. God gives thanks for the blood out poured and re-members each of us as beloved children. We may at times feel far from God, but God is never far from us because His loving hands of remembrance are indelibly marked with our names.

“You will know I am the LORD. Anyone who trusts in me will not be disappointed.”
Isaiah 49: 23

Take joy in the journey and allow God to engrave his name and comfort on your heart. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene



No comments: