Sunday, April 13, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Palm Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811.

Dear God, thank you, God for a voice with which to sing your praises with my whole heart. I want to be a worthy example of your gentleness, humility, patience and love. Lord, I ask that when You are ready to work through me that I will be willing to follow you and hear your voice. You are my source of hope. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

I began this cancer journey with the old hymn His Eye is On the Sparrow.”  God is the source of all hope. Keeping our eyes on God reminds us that no matter what the circumstance---poverty, pain, sickness, loss, disappointment, grief and even the prospect or possibility of our own death cannot steal our hope when it is anchored safely in God.  God is the author of all hope.  God will never leave us as we walk through dark, confusing, lonely and painful times in our lives. God replaces our doubts and painful times with the brilliant light of His unfailing love.

I understand pain management. Pain management means taking your pain medication on a regular schedule helping manage your pain. That means taking the pain meds before the pain hits and the pain l subsides. If you wait to take the medication when the pain is bad then you have to wait for it to take effect. I walked around for about two weeks saying in my head, “I have cancer. I have cancer” until I finally remembered to just whisper “Jesus.”  When I whisper Jesus’ name peace enters my heart and I am filled with wisdom and understanding. The name Jesus became my spiritual pain management. Staying in God’s Word and whispering the name Jesus helped keep the anxiety and nervousness at a lower level The wisdom I remember is that God loves us so dearly and even though we are allowed to go through difficult times we are reminded that through the body and blood of Jesus, God promises to be with us in our good times and hard times. God understands our suffering and walks with us with an understanding heart.  So my friends let us call the name of Jesus and spend time with our constant friend allowing God to fill us with comfort and hope because God’s love for us is never ending. God is good and love wins.

“Now, Lord, what wait for? My hope is in thee.”
Psalm 39: 7
“Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth? Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy.”
Psalm 100: 1-2

Take joy in the journey and when the road gets rocky speak the name of Jesus and feel comforted and filled with hope. Wear comfortable shoes and maybe put an extra blanket on the bed tonight. Get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: