Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Happy Tuesday! 

Supervised Ministry is officially put to bed!  Our group leader treated us all to dinner by bringing barbecue from Railhead to our last meeting tonight.  So delicious.

Prayer: Holy Lord of healing and sustaining grace I give thanks for Your presence in our lives and in all the situations in which we find ourselves. You have promised strength as we learn to love You more and become more of Your reflected image.  Strengthen the resolve of those who are in need of courage. You have promised in the scriptures that it is through the strengthening of our hearts by Your very presence we can hope in You. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD.”

Palm 31: 24

The psalmist reminds us to be of good courage and God will strengthen our hearts.  I have a friend whose husband is battling cancer. They are trying to make the decision as to whether to continue his treatment with him bearing the side effects of the chemo or to discontinue treatment and have quality days for the remainder of his life. These are such hard decisions to make. It is at times like these that the one thing we must remember is that God is sovereign over our lives. Tonight when I did some online pastoral care with them I suggested they follow their hearts and look to the heart of God as they made this decision. 

This is such a painful decision and so difficult, but to consider this decision is not worthless.  The good news is whichever decision they make they will have said yes to life and my prayer is that they are trusting God’s control and acknowledge God’s presence with them in this time of discernment. 

It is at times like this that each of us needs to come to God with a courageous heart. We can go before God with courage even if our hearts are breaking and God will bless this bravery and strengthen our hearts.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with thanksgiving and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: