Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Last night’s writing was accidentally deleted before it could be sent. Not sure how it happened, but recovery was not in the cards.

I have so many things to do and have had some trouble organizing my thoughts since Mom’s passing. One of the ladies in her Sunday School class took attendance on Sunday and marked Mom, “Promoted to heaven.” I really did not want to go to choir practice tonight, but I went and it did make me feel better. The prayer I wrote for this meditation is from a song we worked on tonight. I made the right decision to go to choir and sing God’s praises and being in the presence of others who love God and me. I pray for God to strengthen me and those who are believers in Him each day by His Word.

The grief I am experiencing now is different than the grief I encountered after Casey’s death. During the last year of Casey’s life, I was able to work through grief through writing. The suddenness of Mom’s passing has left me with this grief that seems to hit in moments that cloud my thinking. This is so very different than before. I know that working through this will take time. Sometimes Bruce tells me “Gaylene, stop and remember to breathe and then take the next step.” I love having a husband who is so loving, so wise and who holds me when I cry, even when we are pumping gas.

I am so busy that the kids are stepping in to help keep the household running. Tonight, Geni prepared a beef pot pie for dinner. To top it off, she took some leftover crust and crafted a large happy face on the top crust. It really made me smile. Thanks, Baby girl!

I have three major things to accomplish by Tuesday evening: 1) completing a paper from the intensive study class, 2) prepare to preach a sermon at Hurst Christian Church and, 3) write a paper due next Tuesday. I ask that you pray for me that I remain clear-thinking as I strive to accomplish these tasks. It is my hope that I can get caught up on studying next week as Brite is not holding classes.

Prayer: Lord, show me Your ways that I may walk with You. Show me Your ways that I may hope in You. The cry of my heart is to love you more and live by the touch of Your hand. Stronger each day. Show me Your ways. Amen.

Matthew 10: 32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.”

Jesus tells us in this verse that if we confess that Jesus is Lord and tells others then Jesus goes before the Father and tells Him that we have spoken His name and claimed Jesus as our savior. Jesus confessed God the Father and showed us how to do the same. What an honor that our Savior would tell the Father that we who believe are not only getting stronger each day, but are loving Him more, are placing our hope in Jesus and are believing that by the touch of the hand of Jesus we will be shown the ways of God.

Our faith is not a faith of silence, but a talking faith. Talk to someone about Jesus as Lord and ask Him to show you the way.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please offer a special prayer for the family of Stephanie Burns and Nancy Toombs as they lost their grandmother and mother tonight. Also continue to pray for our family, especially Dad. His name is Jerry Helvey. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: