Tuesday, January 31, 2012


Happy Monday!

The hardest part of the day was leaving Daddy. Dad, Bruce, Sheena and I went to the church this morning and collected all of the flowers. There were so many flowers at the service that it looked like the most beautiful garden ever. Sheena and I took some of the green plants and Dad took the cut flowers to the rehab center where mom was, the hospital and over to my aunt’s house. We followed Dad back to the house and his yellow truck with all of those flowers, he looked like a rolling florist.

We arrived home around noon today. It is nice to be home and sleep in our bed and play with our dogs. Once we got home, I spent the remainder of the day tidying up around the house, laundry and then it happened! I opened my mini netbook we purchased a couple of years ago for my work at Brite and it crashed. Fortunately, I had bought a service plan on it and so took it back to Fry’s tonight. They kept it and gave me a loaner. I really hope they can diagnose and fix it soon. The good news is that we were able to pull all of My Documents onto a flash drive. Praise God!

Prayer: “Lord, I begin this day in amazement that You love me and gave Your life for me. Thank You for demonstrating Your love at the Cross. Thank You for showing me love each and every day. Help me to show and speak Your love to others this very day. In Your loving name I pray. Amen.”

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Just some brief thoughts tonight as it is quite late and I am a bit tired. This is a memory from my past. Do you remember when you were younger or even now, these little statues of various characters and there were little sayings written on their bases? I got one for Daddy one year for Father’s Day. The little guy on the statue was standing with his arms stretched out as far as they would go. The words said, “I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiis much.”

Have you ever thought about the height, depth or breadth of the love of God for each of us? Two thousand years ago the Son of God hung on a cross with His arms stretched as far as they would go to show us His love for us. God gave His perfect Son to die for imperfect souls. This love is extravagant love. So, how much does God love us? “Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much and thank you all so much for your outpouring of love and compassion in the last few days. We love you “thiiiiiiiiiiiis much” too. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: