Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Most gracious heavenly Father, I bow my head in Your Presence at the beginning of a new day. You alone are the King of Kings and the Lord of lords. No one can compare with You! You are mighty and powerful, and I turn to You on the is day because I cannot do this on my own. There are too many challenges facing me, and I am weak and helpless without You. I will trust You completely in every way today. And I pray all of this in Jesus’ wonderful name. Amen.”

Ezekiel 18: 27 “Again, when a wicked man turn away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive.”

In the 30 years I spent teaching my favorite moments occurred when a child who could not read suddenly is able to read the words on the page. They can track the print with their fingers and not just read from memory, but actually read the words on the page. The look on the face of the child is nothing short of awe and wonder as if a great mystery has opened itself up and now this child understands. The impact of this moment awakens all possibilities in the life of the child and transforms them from one who literally was “once blind and now he/she can see.” Once this happens a child wants to read to you and anyone who will sit and listen.

When someone comes into relationship with God through Jesus they are just like that baby who has just learned to read. They are transformed at the moment of salvation to never be the same again. The prophet in this passage speaks of the wonderful changes that happen when a sinner repents and turns to God. This person becomes alive because they have died to sin by the blood of Jesus and now can live a life that is preserved by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit’s presence and power.

Do you suppose Mary and Joseph fully understood how their lives would change as the earthly parents of Jesus? How this most precious child would grow to transform all with whom He came in contact and as one of my favorite songs says, “Did you know that when you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God?” Do you think they knew they not only carried this prophesied One but that they were being preserved by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit’s presence and power?

We, too, when we open ourselves as a dwelling place for Jesus, carry with us not only the One prophesied by the great prophets of old, but the gospel as well.

Continue to journey to Bethlehem. We are almost there. Count your blessings and say your prayers. See you in the stable side by side with the shepherds. Be prepared to go and tell anyone who will listen that Jesus Christ is born! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: