Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I had the most wonderful visit with Tatum’s mother, Mandy and the girls, Olivia and Tatum. During the visit Mandy and I were having, there was a continuous princess fashion show being hosted by Olivia. The fashion show was done in paper doll princesses and was completely delightful. It was accompanied by music from Tatum’s princess music.

Mandy and I discovered we have something very powerful in common. Her Dad died with sarcoma cancer. We had similar stories to share and I believe I have made a new friend. Tatum goes in for treatment on Friday, but it is only a clinic visit and she should not have to stay in the hospital. It is my prayer that this family will get to be in their home together on Christmas. Please join me in prayer for this extraordinary family of faith and this tiny warrior as they battle this disease not only with professional healers and mediations, but with faith in God, the Master Healer who supplies their courage.

Prayer: “Dear heavenly Father, what joy to begin my day with You! Thank you for loving me the way You do, and thank You for sending Your Son to die on the Cross for my sins. As I begin this day, please forgive me for my sin. I repent before You and claim 1 John 1:19 for myself today. I need you in everything I do today, and I want You to know just how much I depend on You. Thank You for loving me despite myself. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.”

Galatians 1:3, 4 “Our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.”

As a career teacher, I always set out goals for myself and the students in my charge. After setting out these goals I planned and taught lessons that would help the children achieve those goals and even go beyond the expected goals.

Within the scriptures God sets out goals for us to achieve so that we can live lives that are pleasing to Him. In this brief passage God shows us the truth about Himself and what we must believe in order to live our lives in His will. My devotion shares these truths: “First, Jesus is our anchor because He is the only One who has set us free through the forgiveness of our sins. Second, we cannot be delivered from the temptations of this world without Christ. Third, our deliverance from sin and our ability to lead godly lives, in spite of the world in which we live, is the will of God for us.”

I have always associated as one of God’s great attributes to be that of a Master Teacher who not only sets goals for us, but shows us the path to reaching those goals, helps us continually to achieve His will for our lives out of His love for each of us and gives us a life time to reach those goals.

Let us continue on the road to Bethlehem taking joy in the journey. Dress warm and stay dry. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: