Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, You existed before the beginning of time. I come to You this morning thanking You for being the God of understanding and wisdom leading me in the way I should go. Thank you for the Bible and thank you for pointing out my sins through Your Word. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, oh Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Bless me today; keep me in Your Word. Amen.”

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.”

What a wonderful way to begin writing about God and Jesus. This passage shows us the eternal significance of God’s Word and well as the “power and personality” of God’s word as shown to us through His Son, Jesus. In this passage we see that John has used “God” and “Word” as equals. Genesis tells us that God was in the beginning through the power of the Holy Spirit and later that same Word became flesh and dwelt among us in the person of Jesus. Jesus teaches that He was with God before the world was created. John 17: 5 “And now, O Father, glorify me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.” This passage of scripture declares that Jesus is the Word! The writers of the New Testament repeat this truth throughout the writing with these words “was with God.” This affirms that Jesus the Son was equal with God the Father. WOW!!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: