Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Monday!

Was that fog thick this morning or what?! Geni described it perfectly when she said, “that was the creepiest drive I have ever made!”

Go Rangers! Just one more game…please!

Prayer: “Good morning Lord! I thank You for the richness of Your Word today. Thank You for the treasure it is for me to be called to repentance and holy living every time I read it. Your thoughts are infinitely higher than my thoughts. I would never find Your will for my life without the clear direction of Your Holy Scriptures. I praise You for Your guidance. You are the great God of the universe. Your majesty is awesome, and I am undeserving of Your love. Even though I do not understand why you would choose to love me, I humbly accept Your love today. Amen.”

Psalm 19: 7 “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.”

On Tuesday and Thursday my class does not begin until 9:30, but I arrive at Brite around 7:30 to get a parking place and study before my Old Testament class. There are about five of us who are in the class together and we are usually in Weatherly Hall (the basement of Brite) before class. I was sitting with two of my classmates when one of them said, “I do not call myself Christian, Gaylene. You need to know that.” My other classmate responded with, “Neither do I. I call myself “A follower of the way.” I was taken aback a bit with the confessions of my two friends. It had never really dawned on me that there would be students in a “Christian” seminary who did not call themselves Christians.

After reading this verse of scripture I wondered how my friends would respond to this passage. “The law of the Lord…” is the testimony of God. It is through God’s Word that we are brought back to God when we have strayed. God’s Word is what makes all of the things of this world that are so imperfect change by His authority by the words of the prophet Jeremiah, “Walk in My ways.” So many people wander around from religion to philosophical and ideological paths, but “once God’s Holy Spirit convicts through the truth of God’s Word” our whole ideas about salvation and the Kingdom of God change. God’s Word has the power to challenge every thought we have while it draws us back to the simple wisdom of God’s truth.

I guess even those who are seeking vocations in ministry are still struggling in their faith identity. Their differences do not make me love and care for them any less, but it certainly causes me to pray for them differently. I ask you to pray for them, too.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: