Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Bruce was allowed to return to driving today. He was so excited. They told him to stay in town and not go on the highway just yet.

Geni began working at the new store in Sundance Square in Fort Worth tonight. She goes to Burton Hill on Friday and begins teaching on Monday. We are so excited for her.

Travis is coaching each evening this week. He coaches a group of 8 year olds in football. The team is the same team he played for when he was a young boy. He is having a great time!

Prayer: “I ask You Lord, to give me a generous spirit. Help me not to be stingy with the grace that You have generously poured out on me. May I in turn pour it out on others. Keep me grateful, not only for salvation, but also for all Your blessings in my life. May I be a person of grace who loves my brothers and sisters, treats them with kindness, and gives them what they do not deserve. Send people into my life today who need Your salvation and grace, and use me in sharing with them. Amen.”

2 Corinthians 8: 9 “You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.”

I am not sure if this happens to you, but it happens to us on occasion; someone comes to our door late at night and needs food. Or we are at the gas pumps and someone has run out of gas and needs some to get back home or some other situation occurs when someone needs something and we are called upon to help. I think it was either my Mom or Dad that told me that poor meant that you did not have enough to share. And more recently I read in one of my devotional meditations that you don’t miss what you give away.

The Apostle Paul challenged the church in Corinth to have a heart for giving to others. God’s grace in the lives of the church in Corinth made them sensitive to the needs of others. The members of the church in Macedonia were very poor, but they were rich in grace.

Jesus left the glory of heaven to the depths of poverty on the earth to show us that riches did not mean possessions. Jesus gave up the rights given to Him in heaven to become flesh and live on the earth as a common man. (Please note that I did not call Him an ordinary man.) He lived in poverty by the standards of Nazareth, but He was rich in God’s grace. The ultimate example of His grace is the gift of salvation and eternal life. Jesus passed on the gift of God’s grace to each of us. We are invited to take joy in this gift of amazing grace, but we are also charged to actively share this gift of grace with others. His grace is not just sufficient for each of us, but there is more than enough to share.

When we give away this precious gift of God’s grace to someone who needs forgiveness, love, salvation and the promise of eternal life we do not feel like we have lost anything at all. And in fact that grace that we have given away is replaced in abundance through our obedience to God and the love of Jesus in our lives. Grace can be given in money, a word of encouragement, a prayer, being a part of the Ministry of Presence or telling someone what God’s has done for you by His grace. Share the gift of God’s grace with someone who is in need and ask for God to place someone in your path who needs to heart this word.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Grace is given to all. Just open your heart and your mind and access this phenomenal gift and share it with someone else. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: