Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Monday!

Prayer “Father, as I begin this day and this week, help me to dwell on the reality that my life is hidden in Christ and that by trusting in Him, I have crossed over from death to life. Help me to live with faith, knowing that You have promised to walk with me in the midst of whatever this day will bring, and resting in the assurance that You have made provision for my eternal future. I believe in the One You sent, and I believe every word You say. Amen.”

John 5:24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”

This passage speaks of the two words “judgment” and “eternal life.” In my meditations tonight the word judgment is likened to condemnation. Condemnation in the Christian sense is total separation from God and the pathway to death. My text says, “It is the payment for a life of active or passive independence from God.” It is also the punishment for sin and the ultimate wreckage of humanity. The life of the person who is condemned or judged by God has a finite ending.

But we who believe in God and the One in Whom He sent have eternal life. Eternal life with God has both a quality and a quantity of life. We experience the quality of the reality of a life spent living a life of piety in service of God through Jesus. We also have a life in the future. When we arrive in heaven, we will have crossed over the “abyss of death” and separation from God eternally. We will now live eternally with our Creator and Lord.

We did not arrive at this perfect place of heaven on our own. It took “heroic” action from our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ who rescued us from the eternal death we deserve. When we hear God’s Word, the words of the gospel of Jesus, the good news, we are told that God made a way of reconciling the world back unto Himself through the death and resurrection of Jesus. God called Jesus back unto Himself and God calls each of us back to Him because of His love for us, His children.

A Kairos friend of Bruce’s often says, “Today is a great day to go to heaven.” Because of this amazing love and grace we can live in the light of God’s love while here on the earth and live in the light of His holy presence for all eternity.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: