Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Well another day of icy weather and no school again! It will be interesting to see how the school districts handle this many days off from school especially with another possible day of inclement weather coming next week!

David Russell has spent another day in ICU. It seems all is going as expected, but the doc is just being very careful about his care. Carme called this morning and shared that his same nurses were there this morning. She and Dave were very pleased with that. I remember when Casey was in the hospital. Having the same nurses was a wonderful comfort for him. I think Bruce may go down to spend time with Dave when he goes home hopefully at the first of the week. Please continue to pray for Dave’s recovery and healing. Again Carme and Dave are so very grateful for all of your prayers.

Prayer: “Dear Lord, as I open my eyes to this new day, I praise Your dear name that I am alive in You and that the hope of eternal salvation rests in my soul. May I never forget where I once was and where Your grace has now brought me. Keep my soul in peace, my mind uncluttered, my thoughts pure and undefiled, and my words tempered with grace and kindness. Make me a blessing to everyone I meet today. I beg this in Your wonderful name. Amen”

2 Corinthians 5: 14-15 “The love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus; that If One died for all, then all died, and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.”

What drives us to do the things we do? What motivates us to do right instead of wrong, to help someone or pass them by, to get up in the morning or stay in bed? The first six words of this passage of scripture answer that question…The love of Christ compels us…The love of Christ should be the driving force behind each step we take, each word we say and each choice we make. Jesus was motivated by the love of His Father to show His love for all by dying for all. Jesus did not live for Himself, He lived for the Father and modeled this pattern of living through a life of servant leadership to His disciples and all those in whom He came into contact. In this life Jesus modeled love, forgiveness, compassion and tender mercies. Through His death He demonstrated the ultimate in sacrifice and eternal grace. Since Jesus died for all how can we do any less than show these actions to those in whom we come into contact? May we be so compelled to live a life passionately committed to Him and show this life to others each day.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable snow shoes and warm socks. Count your blessings of heat and light and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day remembering that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God

No comments: