Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ha-p-p-p-p-y T-T-T-T-T-uesday! (Through chattering teeth!)

It is so cold! I do not think my feet ever thawed out today. I told Bruce I wanted him to invent the heated floor. He said someone already did, but they are only available up north! I have never been jealous of a northerner but a heated floor sounds really awesome!

We were unable to go to San Antonio today due to the weather. Dave is still having surgery in the morning. The surgeon has added a procedure just prior to the surgery to make sure everything is a go at 9:00. So Dave will begin at 8:00 instead of nine. This is a procedure to make the kidney removal easier and safer.

Prayer, “Lord Jesus, at the beginning of this day, please help me dress myself in the robes of love that my ways may be overshadowed by Your ways. Help me today to die to my desires and be alive in Yours. Guard my steps that I will not stumble—and if I should fall, please pick me up quickly that I may not hinder those who may be following behind me.”

Colossians 3: 14-15 “Above all these things put on love which is the bond of perfection. And that the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you were called in one body; and be thankful.” Amen

When Casey was ill and receiving treatment in Houston there was a Christmas market going on in the lobby of the hospital. The items in the market were the different things designed by the children at MD Anderson who had been patients at the hospital. I made purchases of Christmas cards and one very special jacket. The jacket was made of denim with hearts of different colors appliquéd all over the jacket. The cost of the jacket was more than what I would normally spend for a jacket. My friends from school had taken a monetary collection before I left and I used some of the money given out of love and concern to make the purchase. Every time I wear the jacket I remember the love that purchased the jacket and felt every time I put the jacket on that I was wrapped in their love and continual prayers.

Let us put on the love of God each day as we dress ourselves and prepare for the road God will lead us. I might during the day remove my jacket if it becomes too warm, but the blanket of love and grace God wraps us in each day is a garment we need never remove. God’s love and grace are the garments of praise and thanksgiving that others will recognize as the uniform of a Christian believer. These are the garments that allow us to love those who are hard to love, show compassion to those who are difficult to show compassion to and to forgive those who have hurt us or someone we love. Jesus freely gives us this clothing in hopes that we will never remove these garments, but will share them with those we live, greet, work and worship. These garments of grace, love and forgiveness are guaranteed to never go out of style, will always fit and have the remarkable ability to be accessorized with joy, tender mercies, kindness, meekness and humility. Let us remember as we dress each day to put on Christ and faithfully remain dressed in His righteousness as we go through each day.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and warm socks. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us remember to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert! Please pray for David Russell as he prepares for surgery in the morning. Procedure one is at 8:00 AM followed by the removal of his kidney beginning at 9:00 AM. The surgery (kidney removal) should last around 2 hours and Carme promises to keep us posted and updated as news arrives. We so wanted to be there but the weather would not permit. So let us all send our love and prayers for God’s perfection through the surgery and all involved as well as complete and total recovery. Thanks. Peace, gc

No comments: