Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Guess who I had dinner with tonight? My best friend - Carme Russell. She and Dave were coming in to have Christmas dinner with us and she came a day or two early to attend the funeral of a former teaching colleague. It was a wonderful surprise to share this time together. Dave will arrive on Friday.

Psalm 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; your rod and your staff comfort me.”

The power of the cross conquered evil. Evil has the power to conquer only those who have not placed themselves into the protection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We must remember to claim this promise with assurance.

I think the greatest evil most of us experience is fear. I think we fear the unknown most of all. We fear that which we cannot control. But if we remember that we surrendered our lives over to the One who conquered evil then fear does not need to be a part of our lives. Fear is not of God.

Tonight we took dinner to Carme’s hotel and had dinner with her. It was late and already dark when we left our house. I had never driven to this hotel before. It was located almost in Las Colinas. Now if any of you know me I am pretty directionally challenged and so driving in the dark to an unfamiliar area was a bit scary. I was blessed with Geni and Travis tonight going with me and Travis with GPS on his phone. Usually I am pretty nervous about this kind of adventure because I am really afraid of getting lost. So tonight I surrendered myself over to the oral directions of the GPS and the gentle encouragement of my children and just drove the car.

I think that is how God wants us to handle experiences great and small. God wants us to realize that He is with us in all things. He wants us to trust and surrender ourselves over to His protection and direction. God’s GPS is never wrong!

So tonight, I took joy in my journey. I encourage each of you to continue to take joy in your journey. Wear comfortable shoes and count your blessings. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: