Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Today we traveled to Grapevine for the memorial service for my Uncle Rodney. The service was so uplifting. The music was amazing. It was a time to visit with family and give thanks for the life of Uncle Rodney. We will miss his smile, his laugh and his servant’s heart.

Also, I got to hold my great niece Holly today. She is beautiful!

Psalm 16:11 “In Your presence is fullness of joy, at your right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”

Psalm 51:12 “Restore unto me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with Your free spirit.”

My Uncle Rodney was one who experienced joy each day of his life. In the picture presentation that spanned his life, we all saw the extraordinary joy with which he held each grandchild. The photographs were a witness to the happiness he felt each time he was with family and showed those present how selfless he became as he volunteered himself in service to God in so many ways and times.

This type of fullness of joy cannot be found in our own efforts. It cannot be found by being near friends and family or fulfilled by work. This kind of fullness of joy is experienced only by knowing that Jesus is your Lord and Savior and by taking joy in the journey of each day with Christ in your heart. The way we can make sure we can walk with Christ each day is by calling His name, “Jesus.” Each time we call Him, we do not actually summon Him (for Christ is with us always), but it is as if the scales are removed from our eyes and we are aware of His presence. My meditation tonight likens it to the “pressure of a loved one’s hand that brings an answering pressure, and a thrill of Joy follows, a real and a joyful sense of nearness.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continually lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Please continue to pray for me as I write this rather lengthy paper on sacraments. I have about half of the drafting done. Please pray for my time and that I will write an acceptable piece that will be a witness to the sacraments and how they are a part of my own life and satisfy the academic requirement my professor desires. Thanks again, Love you all, gc

No comments: