Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Monday!

Sort of a sad day for the Rangers, but there were only winners on the field. One team just scored more points than the other.

Revelation 8: 3,4 “Then another angel with a gold incense burner came and stood at the altar. And a great amount of incense was given to him to mix as an offering on the gold altar before the throne. The smoke of the incense mixed with the prayers of God’s holy people, ascended up to God from the altar where the angel had poured them out.”

Each year during the season of Lent, the 40 day prior to Holy Week and Easter we sing a piece with the words “Let my prayers rise up like incense before You. The lifting up of my hands is an offering to you.” It has a beautiful melody that tends to stay in your head and you will find yourself singing it numerous times.

Prayer is like incense rising higher and higher or it can be like the fog I see on some frosty cold mornings. Sometimes our prayers soar up to the throne of grace and there are times our prayers are so close to our hearts that they keep us in the tender arms of God like a warm blanket of protection and comfort. The prayers of believers lifted in faith are prayers of joy. The lifting of our hands in prayer is an act of surrender to God to take us as we are and teach us to be like Him. When I lift my hands in worship or prayer I close my eyes and picture Christ on His throne drawing me closer and speaking so softly and gently that I feel so perfectly loved. God knows the heart of each believer and in love the prayers rise to greet our beloved Father and we await His glad response.

Take some time to pray this week. Not just a prayer for others and ourselves and situations, but prayers that will cause us to come closer to the Father. Let’s take time to pray and be silent before God allowing Him to speak to us by silencing all of the voices in our heads except His own and learn of Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS My Uncle Rodney’s memorial service will be Thursday at 2:00 pm at First Methodist Church in Grapevine, Texas.

No comments: