Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Psalm 9:11 “Sing praises to the Lord…Tell the nations what He has done.”

Have you cleaned up after the Christmas holiday yet? I must admit the tree, ornaments and lights are put away, but the dishes are still out. The wrapping paper, bags and bows are in the attic, but the snowman candy jar is sitting on my printer! The gifts so lovingly given are in use, or eaten, being worn or waiting to be worn. On the calendar Christmas is either behind us or a long way away depending on how you think about it.

Did you ever think about Christmas every day? I know it is a child’s greatest fantasy to have Christmas every day. But for the believer, we can have Christmas every day…not a Christmas filled with new sweaters and electronics, but a Christmas filled each day with new birth. The gift we receive each day is the gift of Jesus Christ. Jesus offers Himself to us each day…not wrapped in ribbons and pretty paper, but wrapped in the blanket of grace. God works through Jesus to give us the gift of the work done on the cross in the resurrection. We receive His energy because the Word says, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” We need to rely not on our own strength and stamina, but on the strength of the God that lives within us. Gifts like this are not found under a tree filled with lights, but laying in a manger and resurrected from a cross.

We accept these gifts unworthy as we are because they are given by the King of love. We accept His love for us and become soaked in His grace and blessed with His forgiveness and tender mercies.

So friends, open your heart and receive the gift of Christ’s love each day. Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: