Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

This was such a beautiful fall day. With three of us in college there are lots of mid-terms going on.

Ephesians 5:8-10 “Walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”
I think I have shared with you my childhood fear of the dark. I still am not a great fan of the dark. As believers in Christ we need never walk in darkness. For as the book of John tells us Jesus Christ is the Light of the World. But how do we get to walk in that light?

We walk in the light of Christ each time we accept His will for our lives. Each time we surrender our wills over to God through Jesus we walk in the light of Christ. Each time we kneel at the foot of the cross carrying our sorrow and burdens, the burdens of sin are rolled away in the love that covers us in the blood of Jesus. Sin is a place of darkness and every time we ask forgiveness and walk the road of repentance we let a bit more of the light of Christ into our souls and we no longer walk in darkness.

Have you heard the parable of the pumpkin? It is making the rounds this season. It basically says that when Christ enters our lives we are filled with darkness, seeds and pumpkin guts. God, through Jesus, removes all of our sin, seeds, pumpkin guts and lets in the light. . And we feel so wonderful that He carves a smile on our face and places His light inside for the warmth of our souls and to let the world know that He lives in our hearts.

So friends are we willing to surrender our wills over to the hands of the Father? And then after the surrender are we willing to say thank you for the love of God whose desire is for us to never walk in darkness, but shine with the light of His love for us?

Take joy in the journey and only visit houses with glowing pumpkins. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: