Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

Happy first day of Fall! Today, I began the day with twelve students, but by the end of the school day, I was down to seven children. I sent four home sick and the others left early with parents who were taking older siblings to the doctor. Sometime mid-morning we stopped all activities in the classroom. I handed out antibacterial wipes and we wiped down all of the tables, chairs, locker handles and door handles. It may have been a “fix the gate after the horse has gotten out” activity, but maybe it helped. This afternoon I bought Lysol and intend to use it on everything.

Our nephew Ryan finally was able to resolve the issues with the insurance company after his accident and purchased a car, so Geni is now driving the Crown Victoria. She is now mobile once again. Yea Geni! I am glad you have wheels of your own, but I will miss our conversations on the way to school when we shared our ride.

This weekend Geni, Travis and I will be traveling to McGregor, Texas for Happening #40. It is going to be an amazing weekend. There are 11 participants. How cool is that! I ask your prayers for all of us this weekend. If you wish to send any caritas (letters, pass it on cards or other spiritual presents) just contact me, Geni or Travis and we will take them with us.

Psalm 33:3,4 “Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise. For the Word of the Lord is right; and all His works are done in truth.”

This past week Patrick Swayze died from pancreatic cancer. I was very saddened as I have been a fan of his for years. I looked up to heaven and said, “Casey, if you see Patrick up there tell him I have always been a fan.”

Last Saturday I was flipping channels and I came across a memorial tribute to this man of great talent. There was an interview with Patrick and he told the interviewer that dancing for him was like “God flowing through him.” That is what singing is like for me. I wear many hats and do many things, but if you ask me what my most favorite thing to do is I will answer “singing.” When I sing I feel like God and I are one. It is the most intimate relationship I have with the Father. And it does not matter if I am rehearsing, singing with the radio, singing in the kitchen, in Praise Team rehearsal or in worship on Sunday morning. (Jeremy probably hates it when I close my eyes in worship and don’t look at him.) The gift of singing is my way to worship God with skill, in the Word and in truth.

What do you do to truly worship God? Worship does not just happen on Sunday morning in a building with pews and songbooks. What do you do that makes you feel “God flowing through you?” Do you garden, clean house, read and study the Word, fish, pray, draw, paint or sculpt, help others, rock babies, preach, teach, cook…this list could go on for a long time.

Friends, figure out what action you do that makes “God flow through you” and then practice that skill to do your best, ground it in the Word and act in truth when you worship.

Take joy in the journey and hug your babies. Love you lots, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: