Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Monday!

Greetings on this late and stormy night. It is after 11 and I am just now sitting down to write. First I ask you to pray for all who are sick. I have a class of 17 children and 7 of them were out today. I have heard of so many having the flu, so let us pray for them and their well being and healing.

1 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.”

Did you ever wonder why God’s power by His grace is made perfect in us when we are weak? It seems to me that the reason is that when we are weak, we can only look up. We may not even be able to get up, but we can look up. If we can look up and just breathe the name of Jesus then God can take it from there. When we think we are strong, we walk looking straight ahead and believe all is well.

Max Lucado says, “If we don’t bow our knees then we roll up our sleeves and put in another 12 hour day.” Putting in a 12 hour day may help earn a living, or build a house or start a business, but it will not help when we are facing our own death or trying to deal with our own sin and guilt. We cannot roll up our sleeves and expect to “save “ ourselves. There are some things we were not meant to do. And climb “Mount Messiah” is one of them.

Let us take the precious, blessed, gift of grace given to us lovingly by the Father through Jesus Christ: allow Him to forgive us, allow Him to work in our lives; healing us, teaching us, guiding us and leading us. Maybe we need to spend less time on the climb and more time on our knees. The highest pinnacle we will ever reach is at the feet of the Father. Look up. Breathe His name. Let His grace flow through you.

Take joy in the journey, stay dry and hug your babies. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: