Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Wednesday! It was awards day at school. The children looked so nice in their dressy clothes and the parents were so very proud of their children’s accomplishments. I am continuing to pack my classroom away a few pieces at a time. And believe it or not the children are behaving pretty well. Travis took his Pre-Calculus test today. He says it went well.

Ezekiel 37: 6 “…and you shall know that I Am the Lord.”

When God wants our attention sometimes He has to do some really outrageous things. We live in a world where amazing things happen on a daily basis and we think nothing of them. Technology has come a long way from writing on a piece of pottery to sending you my thoughts through the airways. We turn on the faucet in our homes and water (clean water) pours out. We don’t walk to the well for water or walk several days to get to church or visit family. We get in a car each day and drive to work miles from our homes. The list could go on, but you get the idea.

And yet when God wants our attention He really has to perform some really phenomenal act so that we will know that He is God. I love this story in Ezekiel. It is such a wonderful physical manifestation of the plan God had for Israel. God is telling the nation of Israel that even though you are being torn apart, because I Am God I will put you back together and you will go home and serve me just as I have always commanded. God rejoined those bones, covered them with sinew and flesh and once again the Hebrew people believed. It is also a great foretelling of the story of Christ; His crucifixion and resurrection. God brought new life out of death in Christ crucifixion and resurrection and then He presented this new life to the disciples. God got their attention.

Did you ever see the movie Forrest Gump? Forrest and Lieutenant Dan are out on the shrimp boat. Lt. Dan is so bitter and he is cursing God. A violent storm occurs and Lt. Dan goes with the storm. He is tossed all around and hanging on for dear life. The comment Forrest makes is “God showed up!” After the storm Lt. Dan is a different man. Lt. Dan needed to know that God had not abandoned him, but it took this “act of God” for Lt. Dan to understand that he was not God and God is. Lt. Dan needed to be put back together and made new.

What does it take for us to realize that we are not God? Why do we walk into situations on our own without first asking God to walk into the issue or event with us? And when are we going to remember that God wants Lordship over our lives? How many times to we take on a project or problem and pray half-way through instead of praying before we start?

Well 2,000 years ago God showed up in the form of a baby named Jesus. Now God had face to face contact with those He loved on a much larger scale, not just a select few. God shows up in our lives each day with our very next breath. The great I Am came into this world just to say how much He loves us and to make us new.

Today, let’s show someone who God is by giving Him Lordship over our lives and then share the joy and assurance of His love with those with whom you have contact.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: