Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blessed Sunday to you all! Today has been such a wonderful day. Worship was so uplifting. Bruce was the featured soloist in an ensemble with members of the praise team this morning. After worship we had a wonderful lunch at church and then had friends over for a hot dog cookout this evening. We ate in the backyard and then later sat on the front porch with a cool breeze blowing on us eating pie and talking. What an awesome day! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Pray without ceasing.”

As many of you know through God’s grace enacted by many people our house has been going through its own version of rehab. When this process started back in the winter my prayer has been consistently that our home would be to the glory God and most of all that those who visit are loved by a godly family who loves the living God. It is my strong desire that when people come into our home they know that God is there. I want others to know that not only is God present in those who dwell therein, but to feel a sense of welcome, peace, warmth and safety. I believe God is answering this prayer. I have gone from never allowing anyone to even come beyond the porch to inviting friends over to visit and having my family over for a meal. I am so happy!

Prayer is the linking up of the soul, mind and heart to God. God loves us so much that even if we sort of just glance His way or send a word of Love then God supplies what we need. I spend a lot of time in prayer. I don’t just ask for stuff. I pray for others, give thanks that God is my heavenly Father, Jesus is my Savior and the Holy Spirit dwells in me. Because the Holy Spirit dwells in me and in you we are privy to the special language of Love in which God speaks to us.

On this day of Pentecost, the birthday of the church, God used the transforming power of the Holy Spirit to allow the disciples in the upper room to move out into the courtyard to understand His Word and His plans for the Church. These were praying folk in that upper room. They stayed in contact with God because they learned a life of prayer. Jesus taught the disciples to pray more than the Lords’s Prayer. He modeled a life of prayer in His teachings to His disciples as they walked along dusty roads, as He taught them on hillsides, at mealtime and finally as He hung on the cross and He cried out “forgive them Father…” When our souls are linked to God through prayer, God receives through Him(Jesus) all things.

So friends, spend a lot of time in prayer. Get to know your Heavenly Father, your brother Jesus and keep His very essence, the Holy Spirit as close as your next breath.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: