Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

2 Corinthians 4:17 “…For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory.”

How many times have we said, “I am sure God has a reason for what is happening in our lives.” We usually say this when we are going through a really difficult time. Sometimes we say, “Why me?” but most of the believers I know look for God’s reason. I don’t believe God puts difficulty in our path. But I do believe when a tough time enters our life, God creates a plan for which we are to walk the road of suffering, sorrow or loss. When we face the tough time with faith and belief that God is going to lead us through, then we bear the “weight of His glory.”

I don’t thank God for the trail, but I do thank Him that He is there in each step and His mercies and grace surround me. I give thanks that I can pray to Him who has walked the path of suffering, sorrow and loss and knows exactly the way to lead because He has walked the road before me. Because the God of the Moses, Abraham, Peter, James and John, the Father of Jesus Christ Himself has promised that through affliction He will remain. The Lord of Hosts will fight the battle for me if only I ask. And then when someday I leave this earth to be with Christ forever, maybe I will be a testimony for God’s mercy, faithfulness, forgiveness and His all encompassing love.

Friends and family, each of us is fighting some kind of battle. When the battle seems to be overwhelming and you want to give up, Don’t! For God does not give up on us. God is relentless in His mission for His glory to shine through His people especially when the times are tough.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: