Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Greetings from Austin St. via…?

Happy Wednesday! The paper has left the building!! I prayed over it as I wrote it and prayed again just before pressing the send button. I went to Starbucks and got on wifi so I could send the paper to Dr. Jones.

Fort Worth ISD has called us back to work tomorrow. Teachers only tomorrow and the kids come on Friday. I will call for a substitute for Friday as we will be traveling to Lubbock. Please pray for us as we travel and for the kids as they travel late into the night.

This coming Sunday is Mother’s Day. The praise team will be singing the anthem purchased and given in the celebration of the life of Casey. Many of the songs of praise that were sung at Casey’s Celebration of Life will be in the body of worship this Sunday. The music this Sunday is going to be awesome. I invite all of you to come to Advent Lutheran in Arlington and be a part of this most special worship.

Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

This is normally the day our prayer group at school meets. I had planned a lesson for today so I thought I would go ahead and share it with all of you tonight.

Are we tired? If we are tired, what do we do to become untired? We sleep, we chill in front of the TV, we listen to some nice music and let ourselves relax. But what do we do when we are weary? Tired is usually associated with physical exhaustion and some sack time will usually take care of it. But weary is another matter. Being weary involves our bodies, minds, hearts and spirits. When we are weary everything feels like an uphill climb in six inch heels with a backpack loaded with bricks on a hot day in July in Texas (how’s that for a word picture? that’s tough!!) Being weary means being burdened. Being weary means being weighed down with the situations in life that are just seemingly too heavy to carry.

Jesus has the answer for weariness. Jesus’ answer for weariness is “give it to Me, I want your weariness, I want your burdens.” God promises that if we give Him our burdens and weariness then He will give us rest. Have you ever slept but never felt rested? That is weariness. Jesus carried that cross down the Via Dolorosa. Jesus walked in weariness because of His love for us. He carried that cross so that we would not have to be weary again. Jesus has asked for our weariness and our burdens because His shoulders and His heart are strong enough to carry the weight of the world. Have you ever heard that song, “If He carries the weight of the world upon His shoulders, then brother and sister, He can carry you”? God, through Jesus, will give us rest from our weariness if we give our burdens to Him.

So friends, let us trust God with whatever keeps us up at night. Get a good night’s sleep and rest in the One who carries the weight of the world. He loves us so much.

Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: