Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year’s Eve Eve! I have been on the go all day long. I spent time with each of the kids today and ran some errands. I did not finish, but I hope to finish before I go back to school on Monday.

We are leaving again tomorrow for San Antonio to spend New Year’s Eve with our oldest friends. We will leave tomorrow morning and return sometime on Friday. You know Texas is so big that it takes almost as much time to get to San Antonio as it does to get to Memphis.

Psalm 148: 1 says, “Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise Him in the heights!” 2008 is rapidly drawing to a close. The Chrystie Family has had a difficult year. It has not always been easy to praise God. Health issues have been at the forefront of our thinking in the past year. But as a devotion I was reading today said, “Nothing is healthier than a heart filled with gratitude.” Even though our hearts are broken with the loss of our son and brother, Casey, we are grateful beyond words for Jesus being our Lord and Savior and God being our heavenly Father. We are grateful for the time we had with Casey, and even though he will never come to us again, we are assured by the risen Christ that we will go to him and see Casey again.

We are grateful for all of the Christ-like love by which we have been surrounded through the different communities of church, Kairos, Happening, Via de Cristo, Walk to Emmaus, school, work and most of all family and friends. I am so thankful for God’s Word and how important it has become in my life. I am grateful for prayer. I am grateful for mighty prayer warriors. I am grateful for the internet and Caring Bridge. I am so very grateful for all of you who wrote such encouraging and kind words while I journeyed on the Caring Bridge. You walked every step with our family and our way was made easier with the love and support of friends and family. When I get down about the events of the last year, I try to remember to count my blessings and I always remember to count all of you among them. You have helped me to take joy in this journey.

So my dear friends and might prayer warriors, Happy New Year. May the new year bring all of us new joys in the journey.

Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: